Summer Raindrops

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My Very Own Fish Tank

I had always wanted to start a fish tank. Decorate my tank with sand, stones, limestones, seaweeds, and all sort of corals and anemonies.

I will love to keep a school of small fishes. You know, those fishes that swim together in beautiful, tight formation that one will normally see in documentaries in Discovery or National Geogaphic. Some bright Nemos and Dorys will be good. I thought of keeping a few doctor fish as well. Those swift, light neon blue sleek arrows, whose main preoccupation is to shadow other fishes and creatures in the tank, nimbling at their dirt spots and infection, therefore "healing" them.

Of course, right at the bottom, I'll have a squadron of shrimps, who will be tasked to scavenge and dig up the leftovers, (as you know, fishes aren't clean eaters, they make a mess out of everything) so that my tank will be spick and span.

But alas, this will always be a dream. I'll never be getting a fish tank... why?

Firstly, keeping a fishtank is time consumiing. These days, I do not even have the time to sleep well. My lack of time will probably be harmful to the inhabitants of my aquarium. Fishes needs to be cuddle too. Yes, cuddled like someone's pet dog and cat. You can always tell the difference between an "abandoned" fish pet with a happy one that is well lavish with attention.

Secondly, setting up my own aquarium will probably be too much $$. Nowadays, everything is taxing on my single source of income. If I do ever lose my single source of income, that is my highly shaky job position, everything will probably grind to a halt in no time. Hmmm... I rather put my available, precious, time into sourcing for an alternate source of income. Maybe ebay may be a good option, or this blog, or my SecondLife venture. :)
Hmmm... if my fishes can produce $$, I'll defintely setup a aquarium in no time. Haha

AND lastly because.... I feel that keeping live fishes in an enclose area is really cruel. The poor fishes will have nothing to look forward to. Swimming around the same space. For me, I'll go mad. Who knows most of the fishes inhabiting the fish tanks in the living rooms are berserk to a certain degree. That means the luohans are probably mad fishes.

Thus.... This will be my aquarium. :)

I found this as I was scavenging around the shopping cople below my office block. Heheheh cheap sale. Only cost me $5. Haha, I bought one, and follow by another the next day. I am now the proud owner of 2 aquariums, with a total of 4 fish + 2 jelly fish.

Heheheh... and I don't even need to feed them.

Just need to add water, and batteries, and "poof", my own underwater eco system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHDM_Yb6AFo

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home