Summer Raindrops

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Away To Austria

Away to Austria! Yes, the land of "The hills are so alive!"!

See Austria!.

This is my first time in Europe! Aiyoh, so suaku. In fact this is my first time to an ang mo country. But Europe so strange, all the shops close at 7pm! And on Sunday!! That's the most important time for businesses. So un-enterprising! I can't even buy mineral water... hmmm...

Anyway this Austria very nice. The air is so clean! And the weather so cool. The ang mos really don't care about asian crouching on their territory. At least not much discriminate problems here (as in other European country).

Anyway, I attended their conference and tutorial and workshops, and I realised one thing... They are really similar to us! I mean, they can look different, and kept referring themselves to Europe (Eg: "... now in many parts of the world, unlike us in europe..." ), but they still think the same way as us, minus the different in culture. I mean the way they approach a problem, trying to tackle a problem, and the way they try to give ideas (mostly simple, surface level ideas), really are no difference to us.

Anyway, I booked a hotel that looked like a typical, countryside, European, inn. So nice and so cute, the decoration. Very traditionally German, countryside home. I've always been so facinated by logos, yes logos and insignias. And this little hotel's logo is a bird!

That's the entrance to the bar counter. The grill so country..., one big bird on the grill. Because the logo for the hotel is a bird. A dove actually. So you see lots of bird logo around. On the other hand, sharing the same block, the hotel by the side of this is "The Wolf" hotel. The logo is so nice! I shall take a photo of it tomorrow. A howling wolf, superimposed on a white round moon. So nice!

This is where I am checking my mail, and doing my write up now. :)
Heheh an ad-hoc command post, this it.... as you can see, I pluck out their wireless (with permission of course) and use on my laptop.

Hiaz... just as I was about to ciao, now a group of ang mo (an old man, an old lady, and a talk-non-stop man) come into the little internet room and cow-pei-cow-bu. Talk non-stop in loud german like negoitating. So cuckoo..., time to disconnect, go back and sleep, before more of them comes in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home