Summer Raindrops

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Everybody is sama-sama

Hiaz... I saw my ex-colleagues on the streets, my ex-bosses too from my previous company, in a separate incident.

It seems like everything is still the very same for them. The schedule cannot be met, the project dateline had been shifted many many times, many generations had come and go. My ex-colleagues are still angry, and pissed off with the management, the workload (9pm to 11pm almost every evening!), the everything. It affected them so much, that it seems to get into the very soul of them. That "cak-sim", that fustration, that general sense of being unhappy with the whole world, the whole world sucks, type of feeling that one gets when conversing with them. I remembered I was too, having this plague. It only clears after I had left that good-for-nothing place, and had joined another firm, and then now, yet another, moving and healing, and changing, and learning, and equipping myself as I went along.

The project is still not finished! The project that I was involved in 2 years ago! Wow! Had brought it to an acceptable level and just requires a bit of tuning when I left. So many generations had taken up the challenge, understanding the problem, taking up the almost immpossible task of designing the system to meet the way immpossible-to-fullfilled requirements, and to deal with the highly politcial customers! The generations, my successors, had changed for a few batches by now. The junior, learning fresh graduations during my time had left as an experience engineer by now. Even the politician customers had changed 2 or 3 batches!

I conclude then that life will still be the same if we stay at the same place, do the same thing, think the same thoughts, befriend the same group of people, etc, in anything in life. Change, or an improvement in one's conditions, will never comes in unless one makes the decision to. It is similar to the main concept, theme, underlying message, highlighted in the book, "Who moved my Cheese". And in this fast changing world, or for the sake of moving on and improving oneself, change and self improvement, is crucial.

Just as a reminder or an old saying, also in a strategy game I had played sometime ago : Total War - Shogun :
"To see further, climb to the next level of the tower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home